Motorcycle Accident claims: Motorcycle accidents are dangerous and can destroy the lives of the injured motorcyclists. This is why you need the protection of 877-PAIN-LAW for your personal injury, worker’s compensation, or social security disability claims. In fact when a motorcycle accident occurs the rider on the motorcycle is 35 times more likely to be killed in the collision than people in auto mobiles. Not only are motorcycle accidents deadly, but they are not uncommon. There are nearly 90,000 motorcycle accidents every year in the U.S. This is about 11% of all auto accidents that occur. Factors that can increase the risk of a motorcycle accident include:
- Rain or snow;
- Improper lane changes;
- Failure to yield the right of way;
- Motorist simply not seeing the motorcycle;
- DUI (driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol);
- Defects in the road such as pot holes, uneven pavement, or narrow or no shoulders to the road.
- Defects in the motorcycles.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries: The most common injury suffered from motorcycle accidents are traumatic brain injuries. Even though Georgia requires all motorcyclists to wear a helmet, the speed of the collisions and the fact that motorcycles don’t provide any protection from the impact of the collision like cars and trucks do. Additional injuries that often occur from motorcycle accidents include:
- Road rash;
- Broken legs;
- Degloving injuries;
- Broken bones and fractures;
- Spinal injuries and disc injuries (herniations, bulges, protrusions, and ruptures);
- Upper extremity injuries to the hands, wrists, elbows, or shoulders;
- Lower extremity injuries to the feet, ankles, knees, or hips;
Motorcycle Accident Treatment: Since the injuries are usually serious injury or death, motorcyclists are often taken to the emergency room via an ambulance or life flight for emergency medical treatment. Follow up treatment often require plastic surgery, skin graphs, pain management injections, physical therapy, and other rehab and prescription treatment.
Legal Representation: The medical expenses and lost wages that often result from motorcycle accidents can be astronomical. This is why it is critical that you contact our Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers today at 877-PAIN-LAW (877-724-6529) to fully discuss your personal injury, worker’s compensation or social security disability claim.
- Read more about [motorcycle accident personal injury claims]
- Read more about [motorcycle accident wrongful death claims]
- Read more about [motorcycle accident worker’s compensation claims]
Read more about [motorcycle accident social security disability claims]