People are injured or killed in truck accidents about every 15 minutes.
In fact, there are over 500,000 big truck accidents that cause as many as 5,000 deaths every year in the U.S. If you or someone you know has been seriously hurt in a truck accident, then you need to call the Griffin Law Firm as soon as possible at 800-624-4878. Why? Because truck accidents require an extensive investigation that are very time sensitive. Any delays or mistakes could cost you thousands of dollars. In fact, you might even lose your injury claim completely.
What types of claims can arise from commercial truck collisions?
- Truck Accident Personal Injury Claims: You can recover for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and when applicable, punitive damages.
- Truck Accident Wrongful Death Claim: A truck accident fatality can be the basis for a wrongful death claim. First, you must prove that the other driver was negligent. Then you must prove the value of your wrongful death claim. In Georgia, wrongful death claims allow you to recover for the medical expenses, burial expenses, and most importantly for the value of the lost life.
- Truck Accident Workers’ Compensation Claim: If you are on the job when the truck accident occurs, then you can have a workers’ comp claim against your employer. This workers’ comp claim can be in addition to the personal injury claim that may arise against the driver who caused the collision. Surprisingly, even if the truck driver causes the accident, he or she can still have a workers’ comp claim since the collision occurred on the job.
How can we help you get a great settlement?
The Griffin Law Firm knows how to maximize your truck accident injury or wrongful death claim. We are here to make sure you and your family are fully compensated for your truck accident claim. Our truck accident lawyers will get you the great settlement that you need and deserve.
Griffin Law Firm’s Invaluable Truck Accident Claim Strategies:
Our truck accident law firm knows the strategies that are required to successfully handle these claims. These claim strategies include the following:
- Accident scene investigation
- Photographs (Accident scene, property damage, and injury photos)
- Police Report
- Truck company records of prior violations and accidents
- Witness statements (We get written and recorded statements to document how the accident occurred.)
- Medical Treatment (We help our clients get the treatment they need.)
- Medical record, narrative, and lost wage documentation retrieval
- Sending spoliation Letters (Letters that require someone to preserve evidence.)
- Negotiating settlements that fully compensate our personal injury and workers’ comp clients
- Jury Verdict Research (We use truck accident settlements and verdicts on similar cases to negotiate higher offers from the adjusters.)
- Litigation if the adjuster does not negotiate in good faith.
Essential Trucking Claim Evidence:
It is vital to get all of the trucking companies records and other evidence. Many-times there is a pattern of negligent behavior on behalf of the truck driver or truck company. This type of evidence can double or even triple the value of your truck accident claim.
- Truck drivers log
- Drive cam videos on the truck or other vehicles involved in the collision.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Truck accident violations
- Improper loading violations
- Excessive load weight violations
- DUI driving
- Driving while on medications or drugs
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving while sleepy
- Witnesses statements
- Tire or gouge marks at the accident scene
- Accident scene photographs
- Property damage photographs
- Truck driver’s training and qualifications
- Driving record of the truck driver
- Accident history of the trucking company
- Compliance history of the trucking company
- Maintenance records on the truck
- Truck driver’s health or medical history
- Inspection reports
- Truck driver’s cell phone records
- GPS data
- Electronic onboard recording device data (EOBRs)
Can you have a personal injury and workers’ comp claim from the same accident?
Yes. In fact, attorney Richard Griffin represented one truck accident client that had fired his previous lawyer. To his surprise, we explained to him that he had a workers’ comp claim in addition to the personal injury claim he was calling about. He was very disappointed that his prior attorney did not even tell him about the work injury claim. We handled both claims and negotiated a $330,000 recovery ($250,000 personal injury settlement plus a $80,000 workers’ comp settlement).
The Griffin Law firm has a track record of great settlements:
Our firm has a track record of great personal injury and workers’ comp recoveries. Some of these settlements and verdicts include the following:
Free Settlement Calculator:
The Griffin Law Firm provides a free settlement calculator report even if you are not a client. In this report, we will let you know the projected value of your personal injury or workers’ comp claim. Knowing the value of your claim gives you a goal. Hiring our firm will help you achieve that goal of a great settlement.
[Personal Injury Settlement Calculator] [Workers’ Comp Settlement Calculator]
Call us today at 800-624-4878 to get the answers to your questions. The call is free, but the information is priceless.