Social Security Disability can be a frustrating processes since at least 80% of the application received are denied when reviewed at the first stage by the Disability Determination Services (DDS). The good news is that if your medical and mental conditions prevent you from working and if you hire a seasoned Social Security Disability lawyer, then you have a very good chance of winning your case at the hearing level. Atlanta Social Security Disability lawyer Richard Griffin has found that his firm the Griffin Law Firm is winning over 90% of the appeals of cases that had previously been denied.
What is the process for filing for Social Security Disability Benefits?
1. Claim Filing: File your claim with the Social Security Office.
2. Disability Determination Services Review (DDS): Your file is then reviewed by the Disability Determination Services (DDS). The DDS gathers your medical records from your doctors and may send you to a doctor of their choice for additional examination.
3. DDS Ruling: The DDS then issues a decision either granting your Social Security Disability benefits or denying these benefits.
4. Appeal for Reconsideration: For the claims that are denied, the file is sent back to the Social Security Office to wait to see if the applicant appeals.
5. Office of Hearing and Appeals (OHA) or the Office of Disability Adjudication: This is the stage where a hearing in front of an administrative law judge (Social Security Disability Judge).
6. Appeals Council: If you claim is denied at the hearing, then you can appeal the case to the Appeals Council.
How do you know you are hiring the right Social Security Disability attorney?
It is very important that you hire the right attorney for you whether it’s for Social Security, worker’s compensation, personal injury, or wrongful death. The best approach is to review the website of the law firm that you are considering and focus on the following three areas to confirm that they have the highest ethics and legal ability:
Client Testimonials: These videos or written testimonials let you find out how previous clients have felt about the firm you are considering.
Firm Awards: This section of the law firm’s website allows you to see how the legal community views the ethics and legal ability of the law firm you are considering.
Settlements and Verdicts: This section helps you determine if the law firm you are interested in has experienced success in the past for their clients.
The Griffin Law Firm’s website is a great example of a law firm that provides client testimonials, firm awards, and settlement and verdict information. A careful review of their website reveals that the Griffin Law Firm has been awarded an AV Preeminent Rating which is the highest rating for ethics and legal ability. Their website also provides Settlements and Verdicts so you can see that they have been able to deliver great results to their clients. Their website also provides a large number of written and video client testimonial videos so you can make sure they deliver the best customer service possible. In the below video you can hear from attorney Richard Griffin and from Craig Harris, one of their actual Social Security Disability clients. In this compelling video Craig Harris explains that he didn’t think he had a chance to win his disability benefits because he had been told he was not old enough, but after hiring the Griffin Law Firm, he won the disability benefits that he needed and deserved.
This video let’s you know that you should not give up on the hope of receiving Social Security Disability benefits just because you are initially denied. However, it is important to know that you have a very short window to hire an attorney for the appeal of your denial. This is why it is wise to contact the Griffin Law Firm for a free consultation about your Social Security Disability claim. Another option is to send us you case information and contact information to [new case review].