What is the biggest problem facing many personal injury claimants who have huge personal injury claims? The biggest problem is recovering for damages that exceed the available insurance coverage. There is nothing worse than having a personal injury claim that is worth more than the available insurance coverage. Defendants are liable for the damages caused by their negligent driving. If they did not choose to purchase enough insurance coverage to pay for the personal injury claim against them, then their personal assets are potentially in jeopardy. The problem is that it is often difficult and expensive to collect for an excess verdict against the personal assets of the defendant in a personal injury claim. Why? Because many people don’t have the money or assets to cover the excess verdict, or they may be willing to bankrupt against the verdict to avoid paying it.
What should you do if you have a personal injury claim that involves extensive injury, high medical expenses, significant lost wages, and severe pain and suffering? Hire an attorney: If you have a big personal injury claim, then you can’t afford not to call and hire a good personal injury attorney.
How does the Griffin Law Firm stack the available insurance polices?
- We send a demand that conforms to the new requirements of O.C.G.A. Section 9-11-67.1. To read more about these new requirements we recommend you visit: [O.C.G.A. Demand Requirements]
- We use the correct Limited Release that conforms to O.C.G.A. § 33-24-41.1. This is required to prevent the personal injury settlement of the liability coverage from waiving the additional personal injury settlement with the under-insured motorist carrier.
How does our firm recover for an excess verdict with the liability adjuster refuses to tender the policy limits when they should have?
- The first step is sending the policy limits demand to the liability carrier that conforms to O.C.G.A. § 9-11-67.1.
- If the adjuster refuses to tender the policy limits, then we pursue litigation to obtain a jury verdict against the defendant.
- Then our personal injury attorneys obtain an assignment of the defendant’s bad faith claim against the liability insurance company.
- Then we enforce the excess verdict when possible.
What should you do if you have a high value personal injury claim? You should call us today at 877-PAIN-LAW OR 877-724-6529 for a free consultation today. We also encourage you to use our settlement calculator below to find our the projected settlement value of your claim: