What are the deadlines in personal injury claims?
You have many soft and hard deadlines in personal injury claims.
The soft deadlines that will not bar your claim, but that will often reduce the value of your claim include:
- Calling the police.
- Getting medical treatment without delay and gaps.
- Getting witness information to prove liability.
The hard deadlines for personal injury claims include:
- Insurance Notice: Proper written notice to the insurance companies that cover your claim or you may lose your insurance coverage for your claim.
- Ante Litem Notice: This is the notice that is required for claims against a government entity or your claim against the government defendant is barred.
- Statute Of Limitations: You have two years from the date of the accident to settle your personal injury claim or file a lawsuit or your claim is barred.
Can you have a personal injury claim and a workers’ comp claim from the same accident?
Yes. If the injured party is on the job when the car wreck occurs, then he or she may also have a workers’ compensation claim. Attorney Richard Griffin and his attorneys can represent you for either personal injury, workers’ comp, or both.
Call is at 877-PAIN-LAW or use our contact us form to get answers to your auto accident related questions. Our mission is to help as many people as possible receive the injury recovery that they need and deserve.